Poking my head back in . . . is this blog still here?
Missed the old place . . .
But I wanted to announce the adding to the blogroll of a fantastic site called Stuff Christians Like. It’s hilarious.
#61. Being Relevant
If you ever want to really insult a Christian, say the following:
“I don’t think you’re relevant.”
That is our kryptonite. The idea of irrelevance keeps us up at night. Seriously, if someone doesn’t find us to be relevant than we’re probably going to need to fire the worship leader or at the bare minimum get him a pair of white Pumas. Irrelevance is simply unacceptable.
The weird thing though is that in some ways, Jesus was the perfect example of what it means to be “irrelevant.” Think about it. His message was the exact opposite of what was going on in the world. People were expecting a strong, powerful, forceful savior and instead got a baby. The powers that be were drunk on the law and he preached against their hypocrisy. He shunned the people that were relevant and hung out with the irrelevant, the tax collectors, hookers and sinners. Now granted you could argue that to a world hungry for truth, the truth of Christ was very relevant, but I’m just saying it’s an interesting thought exercise.
Heh. More to sample:
#47. Rooting for secret Christians on American Idol.
#43. Metrosexual Worship Leaders.
#26. Songs that sound Christian but aren’t.
#24. Church names that sound like clothing stores.
They are all funny, and many will smack you in the face with the truth while you’re laughing.
[Hat tip: Jared]
. . . to share some trivia about me from The Mechanical Contrivium:
Ten Top Trivia Tips about Bill!
1. Ideally, Bill should be stored on his side at a temperature of 55 degrees.
2. Julius Caesar wore a laurel wreath to cover up Bill.
3. Antarctica is the only continent without Bill.
4. In Vermont, the ratio of cows to Bill is 10:1!
5. Bill was named after Bill the taxi driver in Frank Capra’s ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’!
6. The Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter is made entirely of Bill.
7. It’s bad luck for a flag to touch Bill.
8. The international dialling code for Bill is 672!
9. When provoked, Bill will swivel the tip of his abdomen and shoot a jet of boiling chemicals at his attacker!
10. The water in oceans is four times less salty than the water in Bill.
[HT, the Thinklings]
But you probably already figured that out, since I haven’t posted for almost a month!
All is well. Very busy. I’m paddling down Life’s whitewater rapids right now, and it’s all good. Even when it’s not, it still is, because God is.
Will be back soon!
In the meantime, you might want to click on the “View Bloogroll Posts” link in the navbar to the right, to read what some of the excellent bloggers on my bloogroll are saying these days.
God bless . . .